Friday, April 12, 2013

Responsible to The Friendship Bond

The article "The Friendship Bond" written by W. R. Smalzer is about friendship bond. Smalzer believes friendship is built between two people with warmth and love. Trust and acceptance are the friendship's foundation. Psychology Today's survey shows people think that five qualities, that are trust, honest, accepts, supports me and understands me, are important to their friendship. And then, betrayed by a friend and having different view on important issues are the two reasons to end up friendship. Social psychologists think that trust and friendship are going together.
This article is interesting. Smalzer says,"Both members in a friendship must be open with and trust one another for their relationship to become deeper. " I agree with Smalzer. Trust is very important factor in friendship. If I don't trust this person, I won't say anything to him, let alone being a friend. Trust plays fundamental role in friendship. Human's feeling is very complicated. It relates many aspects. I experienced that I had met a person on a party. She gave me first impression was amazing. I felt she would be my sister in the past life. I became a talkative in front of her. After that, we became good friends. We had a lot of interactions like family members. We shared our views on different issues, shopping together and traveling together if possible, etc. Staying with her, I felt comfortable and relax. I was very happy to have a friend sharing my happiness and unhappiness. 12 years passed, we still are good friends. Looking back, if I didn't trust her, I wouldn't be open and socialize with her, and vice versa. Certainly, we weren't good friends. Smalzer's view that the two most important building blocks of friendship are trust and acceptance is really sensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment